Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mantis Warrior Dreadnought

Behold, this is my Mantis Warrior Dreadnought Brother Fornaxa for my Badab Crusade Army.   The Power Claw was made out of thick plasticard and was cut and scraped to get the look of a Praying Mantis claw.  I've always envisioned in my mind that this dreadnought silently moving through the forest killing enemies at will.   The claw is really huge but that makes is even more scary!



My Badab Crusade army is made up of all the loyalist chapters that participated in the Badab War and that didn't flee to the Maelstrom with Huron Blackheart.   Each member of the Crusade carries at black shoulder pad on the right with my robed Crusader device and their Chapter iconography on the left shoulder.

Intrepid readers will know that I made this army about 5 years ago and many of the forthcoming units were shown in a great series of White Dwarf Battle Reports against John Shaffer and his Huron Blackheart crew.   This model was never photographed or published so I'm sharing him now.



1 comment:

Da Masta Cheef said...

Nice work on that Mantis claw/pincer!